Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 01:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

BayArea4x4  |  Gatherings  |  Trip Reports  |  Topic: Rubicon, 6/24/2006 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Rubicon, 6/24/2006  (Read 19089 times)
knuckle
H2 HELL
passenger

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2006, 04:31 PM »

TSF

beer

* TSFDog1.jpg (22.42 KB, 450x387 - viewed 433 times.)

I FUCKING HATE H2'S
Tinman
Winch Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2006, 07:07 AM »

OK, I know I'll get flamed for this anyway but just so you know:

I wheel the Rubicon, I'm in a club, I don't have some stock wheeler, I like to run hard trails.

I was standing there after having participated in the FOTR workday and saw the "off trail" offense happen.

Hey White Rhino, I happen to agree that you weren't very far off trail and my opinion is that was not the problem. The problem is that after you were high centered on that rock you took about 10 trys at getting unstuck and dug some holes in full view of the Rangers. If you had gotten out and winched off he would not have given you the ticket. Yes, they are cracking down up there but at this point are still being pretty reasonable about handing out tickets. Only extreme offenders are getting ticketed. Sorry if that adds salt to the wound but it's true. You did this one to yourself.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:09 AM by Tinman » Logged
Bryan C.
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2006, 07:30 AM »

I wheel the Rubicon, I'm in a club, I don't have some stock wheeler, I like to run hard trails.

I was standing there after having participated in the FOTR workday and saw the "off trail" offense happen.

Hey White Rhino, I happen to agree that you weren't very far off trail and my opinion is that was not the problem. The problem is that after you were high centered on that rock you took about 10 trys at getting unstuck and dug some holes in full view of the Rangers. If you had gotten out and winched off he would not have given you the ticket. Yes, they are cracking down up there but at this point are still being pretty reasonable about handing out tickets. Only extreme offenders are getting ticketed. Sorry if that adds salt to the wound but it's true. You did this one to yourself.

No flaming needed for this post. Being off the trail, high centered, and tearing up the surrounding environment is not cool. Thanks for giving us an alternate version of what happened. Thanks for not coming off like a holier than thou prick like some of the others in this thread have. Me included. Embarrassed

Examples will be made of certain people, deal with it. We can't all scream and yell for the Eldorado National Forest rangers to manage the area and keep the asshats in control, only to bitch when they write us a ticket for acting like an asshat.

EDIT: Kell, please delete your tubgirl pic. puke
Muck
Administrator
wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2006, 09:20 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, that looks like it is off the trail, or at least close enough to continue widening the trail... Not that I condemn you for it though. I wouldn't have had a probblem hitting it... I just wouldn't have gotten stuck flipoff2

Scotts kind of old now. So don't ask him to rock that shit he used to rock.
MUD
Charter Member
wheeler

I smoke roks

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2006, 02:09 PM »

this guy is not too much of a dip shit ass hat titty suckling ass ramming dick wad licking midgit killing pole smoker, but heres the flame you asked for anyways. Eat shit and die mother fucker.

MUD
Charter Member
wheeler

I smoke roks

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2006, 02:12 PM »

how apropriate your sig line has come... Might be funny If you knew shit about shit. But in the end...

No

Tinman
Winch Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2006, 02:22 PM »

this guy is not too much of a dip shit ass hat titty suckling ass ramming dick wad licking midgit killing pole smoker, but heres the flame you asked for anyways. Eat shit and die mother fucker.

Thanks. flipoff2
Jes
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2006, 02:28 PM »

Hey Brett, that rig sucks and that trail sucks.
You're so softcore, dude.  flipoff2
Tinman
Winch Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2006, 02:56 PM »

I hate you Jes because you wheel about a thousand times more than me. waah

I guess if I'm so softcore I need to get some truckagra and add it to the fuel tank. smokin
Richard
wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23 PM »

Image Was Here

I wish I was in a club . . .  Roll Eyes

It was not White Rhino or his rig, just his photos, and I do agree with most of your post, but $300 for that? I find that really lame. Think about it, a seat belt ticket is under $100, if you don't have one on someone could die, or maybe just a hellacopter ride, no one dies from a little patch of ground dug out. I have heard driving with an open beer is under $150. I was not there so maybe the photos don't show the full story but it looks like he is less then 3 feet off the trail, I could see a big ticket if he was on a tree and some bushes not useing a wag bag with a beer in hand! That driver does not drink and drive ever, one side of his rig is almost on the trail, it just seems like more Bullshit and over kill fuckheads trying to keep everyone off the Rubicon so that the trail will stay open.  jackoff It follows that same thought Don't go to the Rubicon so the trail can stay open!! Is the trail really that close to being closed? Or is this just some more bullshit to keep people giving money so that the ones who "Work" to keep it open don't have to get a real job? There was NO shit in spyder but they still closed it! It is still closed today, but only to drive to the lake, you can still walk over and take a big shit in it! All the money that has been raised for the trail went to blasting Gate keeper, and that REALLY helped the trail.  Roll Eyes

I would like to help keep the trail open, but seems like I would have to fight with AssHats that think they are doing good for the trail. Maybe they should keep handing out $300 tickets to everyone that kicks up a rock when they get stuck, then someday soon all the old Farts in there coverd wagons on 31's can be the only thing to cross the Rubicon, "Just like they did in 1973!".  Roll Eyes

Rant off! Fuck off if you read the full post and this was not ment to be a slam at Tinman at all, just pissed off.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:54 PM by Letterman » Logged
Tinman
Winch Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 07:31 AM »

No offence taken. The sad fact is that the Rubicon was getting out of control in the eyes of the law (FS, Sherriffs) and they decided to do something about it. The general population couldn't care less about off roading. When someone tells them the forest is being destroyed and it should be closed they agree. There were problems but they were being handled (for the most part) by FOTR and others. Whether or not you agree with the reasoning behind the enforcement now going on is really besides the point, unless you want to get envolved and try to do something about it. My main point for posting here is to warn anyone using the trail that LE isn't joking around anymore. I spoke with the president of Webilt 4x4 club after their last trip to the Con last weekend and while they didn't get any cites they did have visits to their camp while they were away wheeling with information and warnings dropped off by LEO's. So don't be surprised if you get a ticket for any infraction no matter how small.

By the way, I know you weren't slamming clubs too much with your comment but having an organization behind you is the only way to have a voice. An individual can help of course but the FS or Sherriff's dept. isn't going to listen to one individual much. I'm in Four Dice and we constantly talk to the Forest Service about the Fordyce trail. In fact we're going up there this weekend to try and do some more trail repairs. The founders started Four Dice for just this reason. Not just to wheel but to be able to make a difference.

The best way an individual can make a difference is to stay on trail and not drive over bushes and such. The last time our club was at the Con a Sherriff was standing watching the members go up Soup Bowl. Taking the proper line keeps you off the bushes but it was apparent some had kept going straight and mowed down some vegitation. The sherriff said the area was open for now but if stuff like that keeps happening it will be closed too. Individuals can make a difference in a bad way too.

I'll step off my soap box now.
THE GHOST OF SBS
XANAX
Pink
wheeler

this pic was taken in 2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2006, 08:15 AM »

thanks everyone for fucking up the trip report and turning it into another stupid debate over something that really doesnt fucking matter.

take this shit to general discussion

I am the ghost of bayarea4x4's past present and future
MUD
Charter Member
wheeler

I smoke roks

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2006, 10:27 AM »

fuck you, you, you, and you. plus the shitty con.

If I ever get forced to go back to that crap pot. Im going to always park right in the middle of the trail so I dont get a ticket.

Richard
wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2006, 10:32 AM »

If I ever get forced to go back to that crap pot. Im going to always park right in the middle of the trail so I dont get a ticket.
You will get a ticket for parking on the trail!
MUD
Charter Member
wheeler

I smoke roks

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2006, 10:35 AM »

You will get a ticket for parking on the trail!

FFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you bastards

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
BayArea4x4  |  Gatherings  |  Trip Reports  |  Topic: Rubicon, 6/24/2006 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length